Grammar on the Rocks™
The complete business grammar workshop that standardises grammar across the organisation.
Is bad grammar embarrassing you or your company? Maybe it is annoying your customers? Is poor grammar ruining your brand? Could it even be sinking your career?
Well, if so, don't worry. You are not alone. Sadly, many of today's workforce have received little formal education in grammar. Combine this with the use of technological advancements such as e-mail and we often have a recipe for disaster.
How this Workshop will help
This half-day workshop gives practical, immediate solutions to common writing challenges. Grammar on the Rocks™ equips you with tools to help you communicate effectively and avoid the major grammatical mistakes that many struggle with.
An intensive refresher course for some, new learning for others, this event focuses on the 'must haves' of grammar. You do not need to know everything about grammar but you do need to know which grammatical 'rocks' may sink your writing efforts. You will learn that here.
The sister workshop of our internationally renowned Think on Your Feet® and Writing Dynamics™ workshops, this event provides the simple, effective foundation that is essential for modern business writers.
- You will gain confidence through understanding the basic terminology of grammar.
- You will recognise and be able to deal with common grammatical errors.
- You will be able to write with greater clarity and credibility.
The workshop helps you avoid common grammatical challenges. It provides a refresher on the basic building blocks of grammar before taking a practical look at the challenges and quandaries faced by many writers today. It does this through the following topics:
- Understanding the basic terminology.
- How to avoid the top 12 grammatical mistakes.
- Fine points that you need to know.
- Sources for solving grammatical challenges.
- Drills, practice, tips, shortcuts.
- The workshop is built around recognising and avoiding the Grammatical Rocks. Imagine you are sitting in a boat rowing towards the shore but rocks lie ahead. Some you can easily clear, some will sink you. These are the rocks of English grammar. There are three types:
- Major Rocks - will sink you and your career, if not your company's credibility.
- Minor rocks - may sink you but probably won't. They are the rocks that you need to know about, so you can scurry off to your reference books if you are not sure.
- Submerged rocks - representing fine grammatical points that even experts often look up.
You cannot be expected to know every rule but you can learn which rocks you can handle instantly and which you cannot. If in doubt, you can always row fast in the other direction - i.e. rewrite your text to avoid the problem.
Who should attend?
This half-day workshop will benefit anyone who wants to address business communication challenges and improve workplace productivity using written and electronic media.
It can be also used to bring a team up-to-speed on their Grammar; it's great as a fun (yes, grammar can be fun) team building exercise; or simply to improve and update grammar skills.
Combine this with its internationally renowned sister workshops, Think on Your Feet® and Writing Dynamics™; to create your complete communication solution. Why not contact us to discuss the learning solution that's right for you?
An in-house workshop is ideal for training teams and departments. They are the easiest way of training many delegates, making the most of your budget and reducing the need for costly delegate travel. In-house workshops typically result in a 50% saving per delegate cost, when compared to our open workshops.
Delegate places are available at £230pp + VAT.
Combine this with its internationally renowned sister workshops, Think on Your Feet® and Writing Dynamics; to create your complete communication solution. Why not contact us to discuss the learning solution that's right for you?