Building Impact and Influence™
Influence and persuade others for a lasting, positive impression.
Being able to confidently influence and persuade is a key skill for anyone in business. We deal with many different people, both face-to-face and online, where being able understand and positively harness your ability to influence will help you to:
- Create instant impact and credibility – by implementing the right mindset, voice and body-language tools to position your ideas effectively.
- Build relationships – create a positive atmosphere by adjusting your communication style, whether meeting a colleague, stakeholder or the board.
- Sell your ideas – using the right types of questions and questioning techniques to understand other people, obtain information and gain buy-in.
Who is it for?
This workshop is for anyone who needs to positively influence colleagues, teams and groups.
What’s it all about?
No matter what role you are in, you will need to be able to influence people. To be impactful, you will need a range of influencing tools and techniques to get your ideas across; change someone’s direction; inspire and build a professional, long-lasting relationship. You will learn to:
- Maximise your impact – by understanding what makes someone influential and have impact.
- Adapt to your audience – learning how to influence different types of people.
- Assert yourself with confidence – develop the right mindset to enable you to influence confidently, convincing people to follow your ideas and recommendations.
- Raise your profile – by positioning your ideas effectively to create instant impact and credibility using mindset, voice and body-language.
- Be impactful – structuring all your communications for maximum impact.
- Understanding what makes someone influential and impactful.
- Influencing different personality types.
- Creating the right mindset.
- Confidence – voice and body language.
- Structuring communication.
- Questioning skills.
Other workshops to consider
Building Impact and Influence™ is the perfect partner for our Think on Your Feet® workshop. Think on Your Feet® introduces 10 structures that help you visualize and organise your ideas quickly – even under extreme pressure. So you can:
- Analyse, organise and present your ideas – fast!
- Respond confidently and concisely in all formal, informal and ad-hoc situations, especially when caught on-the-spot or under pressure!
- Explain complex ideas and handle tough questions by condensing your thoughts, simplifying information and avoiding listener and information overload.
Find out more about Think on Your Feet®.
Duration and delivery methods available
In-house workshops – for groups, teams or one-to-one coaching:
- Flexible options to deliver your workshop face-to-face, online or a mix of the two.
- This workshop can be tailored to specific business challenges. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Building Impact and Influence™ can count towards your CPD recognition with leading professional bodies and trade organisations. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
Our in-house delivery option gives you the flexibility to train teams, groups and departments. Reducing delegate travel, training cost and environmental impact - as we train at your choice of location or online, in the UK or internationally. Options for tailoring content are available.
Prices quoted are based on:
- Face-to-face classroom workshops (15 delegates per event) - typically result in a 50% cost saving per delegate, when compared to our open public workshops.
- Virtual learning sessions (8 delegates per event) - delivered as highly interactive modular sessions. We can delver using the Zoom platform (free to download and use at www.zoom.us/meetings) or your own learning platform.Virtual workshops require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, a webcam, speakers/headphones and enabled microphone, or attendees can simply dial in on their phone.
The format will be similar to face-to-face classroom workshops, we always cover a core programme. It is delivered using interactive group learning sessions, lots of practice, group and individual feedback and 1-2-1 trainer coaching. We combine this with screen and document sharing, polls, interactive whiteboards and breakout rooms.
Delegate places are available at from £230pp + VAT.