Agile Project Fundamentals™
Respond quickly and react positively to change with a practical understanding of developing and delivering projects using Agile.
Research shows that the majority of projects spend more time and money than estimated, with many failing to meet customer expectations and needs. This means delivering poor customer value, and low confidence in project success.
This workshop teaches you the fundamentals of Agile project management. Which is an approach specifically designed to address these challenges, repeatedly delivering an ever-more accurate solution to time/cost/quality in a way that ensures maximum value and project customer engagement.
On this workshop you will learn Agile approaches, tools and techniques, so you can:
- Enhance productivity by delivering high-quality results with flexibility, speed and agility.
- Adapt to, and embrace, changing project requirements.
- Improve stakeholder relationships, client satisfaction and project value through proactive collaboration, cooperation and project transparency.
Who is it for?
This introduction is suitable for anyone who is delivering a project, including:
- Project Managers experienced in ‘traditional’ methods, wanting to learn more about Agile projects or combine it with traditional methodologies like Waterfall.
- Those who are new to project management wishing to learn more about Agile projects.
- Project team members who are already working in an Agile way, but who want to add more formality to their working methods.
- Those who want to get a better understanding of what Agile involves.
What’s it all about?
Agile is an alternative or addition to traditional project management methodologies as it is iterative, designed to guarantee the on-time delivery of an acceptable product to the customer.
This workshop teaches the secrets of how to keep this promise time after time, helping build personal and organisational credibility and success. You will be able to:
- Clearly articulate the benefits of working in an Agile way.
- Properly engage project stakeholders with the Agile approach.
- Understand and apply the principles of Agile project management.
- Design a project team that supports Agile.
- Configure a typical Agile project management lifecycle to meet customer needs.
- Understand and utilise key Agile techniques (e.g. prioritisation, time-boxing, iterative development).
The workshop provides a useful ‘learning roadmap’ for anyone considering a professional qualification or looking for in-depth knowledge of key topics.
What will you get out of it?
The workshop focuses on the practical steps needed to run, or play a part in, an Agile project. It provides you with the principles, tools and techniques that can be used in the workplace to ensure you deliver maximum project value, on time to budget, every time. You will be able to:
- Adapt - Changing customer needs are accommodated easily.
- Focus - Maximising value for all stakeholders.
- Be in control - Giving confidence to the wider organisation.
- Deliver - Maintaining project momentum and allowing benefits to be realised early.
What will your organisation get out of it?
Agile project managers are able to deliver maximum project value, on time to budget, every time. Agile projects:
- Capitalise on flexibility to reduce risk – Its iterative nature means testing and feedback happens throughout the project, rather than on completion. This means changing expectations, product needs or the need to cancel can be actioned sooner.
- Provide return on investment and a high-quality product – Development starts sooner than with traditional methods, with the opportunity of a ready-to-market product after a few iterations.
- Increase visibility and transparency – Stakeholders are involved throughout with multiple iteration sign-offs and launches.
Indigo has a range of skill specific workshops and masterclasses that can develop Agile project managing adoption and implementation. Please contact us for more information.
Typical workshop content:
- Understanding Agile: Applying Agile principles and success factors.
- Choosing methodologies: Comparing Agile with traditional waterfall methods.
- The Agile team: The typical Agile project team structure (roles, responsibilities and human behaviours) and exploring the role of the Project Manager.
- Agile tools and techniques: You will practice key Agile tools and techniques (e.g. prioritisation, time-boxing, iterative development).
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Agile Project Fundamentals™ can count towards your CPD recognition with leading professional bodies or trade organisations. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
- Waterfall or Agile? How will you manage your projects?
- Make your projects work.
- Project management for non-project managers.
Our in-house delivery option gives you the flexibility to train teams, groups and departments. Also reducing delegate travel, training cost and environmental impact - as we train at your choice of location, in the UK or internationally. Options for tailoring content are available.
In-house workshops typically result in a 50% cost saving per delegate, when compared to our open public workshops. Prices quoted are based on 15 delegates per standard event.
Delegate places are available from £230pp + VAT.