Simulations: Programme Management™
Make your programmes fly by confidently stepping-up to the serious challenge of programme management, includes two computer-based simulations.
Upskill from project to programme management and deliver the desired business outcomes with this practical, strategic-level catalyst.
This three-day workshop includes two computer-based simulations that focus on the skills required and challenges faced by Programme Managers. Packed with practical tools and guidance on decision-making and stakeholder management within programmes. You will be able to:
- Assimilate complex information and use it to make good decisions at pace.
- Use industry recognised tools and techniques to create tracking and reporting systems, to manage multiple stakeholders whilst remaining on track.
- Proactively and professionally manage risks and changes, remaining within budget and timescale.
Who is it for?
The workshop is aimed at new Programme Managers; those who have experience but no formal training; and Project Managers who are stepping up to programme management.
What’s it all about?
This is a practical, non-qualification, strategic-level catalyst in making your programmes fly. It includes two computer-based simulations that focus on the skills required and challenges faced by Programme Managers. It provides practical advice, tools and guidance on decision-making and stakeholder management within programmes.
Working in groups using a short simulation, with multiple internal and external stakeholders, delegates will focus on building a best-practice toolkit and hone their influencing skills. The objective being to deliver the best business outcomes in a defined timescale. Groups explore what makes a Programme complex to manage and why programmes differ significantly from projects.
Following this foundation setting simulation, groups tackle a more difficult and multi-faceted challenge, with a multi-million pound budget. It's been developed as a complex simulation where risk analysis and management, and budgetary control have to be managed alongside a complex group of internal and external stakeholders.
What will you get out of it?
Delegates will benefit from the balance of immersive simulation, reflection and embedding of knowledge, as well as receiving relevant best-practice theory. This will help them to work individually and as a team to:
- Take the leap from project to programme management.
- Manage complexity and deal with ambiguity in a fast-changing, cross-functional environment.
- Improve confidence when making decisions with incomplete information.
- Engage and influence the right stakeholders.
- Streamline communications, delivering the best business outcomes in a defined timescale.
- Proactively mitigate risk and improve contingency planning.
- Implement strong financial control and tracking, to feed into decisions on risk, timelines and resources.
- Prioritise conflicting needs and have the confidence to push back, where needed.
- Manage stress and pressure through the use of a complete programme management toolkit.
What will your organisation get out of it?
Organisations that invest in the effectiveness and efficiency of their Programme Managers benefit from:
- Reduced organisational exposure - through proactive mitigation of risk and contingency planning.
- Positive business outcomes - through stakeholder management and improved communications.
- Reduced absenteeism caused by stress and pressure.
Typical workshop content
- Understanding why programme management is important to the implementation of strategy and ability to handle fast-paced change in a resilient way.
- Understanding what makes programmes complex to manage and why they are different to projects.
- Exploring the role of programme structure and governance.
- Hands on experience (via the first computer simulation) of handling multiple stakeholder groups in a complex challenge and balancing conflicting outcomes.
- Understanding strategy and success criteria.
- Choosing procurement contract strategy options and judging trade-offs.
- Preparing a proactive approach to risk analysis and management.
- Dealing with changes and making tough decisions under pressure.
- Exploring effective issue management and escalation.
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities that contribute to effective programme management.
- Honing the skills required for effective programme delivery.
- Live feedback and structured best practice guidance (from an experienced facilitator) that delegates use to develop an action plan for transferring the skills back to the workplace.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Indigo Simulations: Programme Management™ can count towards your CPD recognition with leading professional bodies or trade organisations. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
Our in-house delivery option gives you the flexibility to train teams, groups and departments. Also reducing delegate travel, training cost and environmental impact - as we train at your choice of location, in the UK or internationally. Options for tailoring content are available.
In-house workshops typically result in a 50% cost saving per delegate, when compared to our open public workshops. Prices quoted are based on 15 delegates per standard event.
Delegate places are available at from £979pp + VAT.