The Structured Interview Masterclass™
Make objective recruitment and selection decisions by enhancing existing interview skills.
Select, interview and recruit the right candidate every time with a practical approach. Enhance existing interview skills and save time when recruiting by:
- Developing and implementing techniques to make objective recruitment and selection decisions.
- Adopting and practising a competency-based approach.
- Turning theory into practice.
Who Is It For?
Manager or decision-makers with less exposure to interviewing, but who are likely to be involved in the final stages of the selection process. Anyone:
- Interviewing, having never been formally trained.
- With experience in interviewing who wants to take this skill a step further.
- Responsible for developing an interview strategy.
What’s It All About?
With financial pressures on business and the economy as a whole, the need to select and recruit the best high-performing individuals is at the core of any successful business, yet the recruitment and selection of staff is still a major investment for any organisation.
This event provides participants with the techniques to make objective recruitment and selection decisions and highlights the key points of best practice as well as enhancing existing interview skills. Focusing on the 'competency-based approach', this event will highlight the methods that can be used to ensure you hire the right person quickly and efficiently.
What Will You Get Out Of It?
This workshop has been specifically developed for managers and leaders who need to plan, conduct and manage successful interviews. It:
- Reduces recruitment costs and time.
- Provides you with the tools to identify high-performing people.
- Removes the risks of taking a gut feel approach.
- Eliminates vague hypothetical responses and veneer from candidates.
- Ensures you evaluate and measure technical and interpersonal capabilities.
- Maximises the potential for successful selection and retention.
Typical Workshop Content
It includes a mix of discussion and practical exercises. Participants will receive plenty of opportunity to practice and hone their skills, whilst receiving constructive feedback.
- Investigating and understanding traditional methods and the competency based approach.
- How to use competencies in successful Competency Based Interviewing (CBI).
- The Structured Competency Based Interview Model.
- Identifying role requirements and integrating data from multiple sources.
- Design of effective CBI questions.
- How to conduct a CBI session and manage the interview process.
- Turning theory into practice.
- Designing the interview script.
- Awareness of potential pitfalls for interviewers.
- Tools to gain more candidate knowledge:
- Effective Assessment Centres.
- Introduction to Psychometrics - applications and practical use.
- Appreciation of ethical interviewing.
- Candidate feedback - best practice.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
The Structured Interview Masterclass™ can count towards your CPD recognition with leading professional body's or trade organisation's. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
Our in-house delivery option gives you the flexibility to train teams, groups and departments. Reducing delegate travel, training cost (significant saving when compared to our open public workshops) and environmental impact - as we train at your choice of location or online, in the UK or internationally. Options for tailoring content are available.
Prices quoted are based on 12 delegates per event, we can accommodate up to 20 delegates for an additional fee:
- Face-to-face classroom workshops - delegates receive a printed workbook/materials.
- Virtual learning sessions - delivered as highly interactive modular sessions using our Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Webex platforms or your own. Virtual workshops require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, a webcam, speakers/headphones and enabled microphone, or attendees can simply dial in on their phone.
The format will be similar to face-to-face classroom workshops, we always cover a core programme. It is delivered using interactive group learning sessions, lots of practice, group and individual feedback and 1-2-1 trainer coaching. We combine this with screen and document sharing, polls, interactive whiteboards and breakout rooms. Delegates receive access to an online workbook/materials that can be viewed online, downloaded to a portable device or printed. Printed workbooks are available at additional cost.
Delegate places are available from £330pp + VAT.