TRAINER ACCREDITATION: Lateral Thinking
Corporate trainers have the option to become an official de Bono trainer and deliver this technique to your teams.
In an increasingly competitive world, traditional methods of problem-solving can only take you so far. You need to go beyond problem-solving; you need the ability to generate new concepts and new ways of doing things. Indeed, you must learn to do so on demand, instead of just hoping you'll somehow stumble on an innovative idea. Lateral Thinking is a systematic approach in which you use deliberate techniques to enable creativity for competitive advantage.
By far the most cost-effective method for guaranteeing the implementation of the de Bono tools throughout an organisation is to train your own corporate trainers. Then you can deliver de Bono's Thinking Tools to as many staff as appropriate.
After this initial Accreditation Workshop, the trainer simply orders workbooks from Indigo on a volume discount basis. In addition to this, the trainer receives constant updates about developments from the international trainer network that de Bono has created.
Each accredited trainer is required to buy licensed materials and workbooks on completion of their accreditation.
To support and encourage the introduction of the Lateral Thinking system, Indigo offer cumulative discounts for the purchase of licensed workbooks (printed or digital workbooks). Discounts are calculated per company, so when more than one trainer is trained, they all contribute to one company discount scheme.
- Lateral Thinking will equip you with solid practical methods for challenging current thinking.
- You'll find out how to harness your own creativity so that it can work for you, when you need it, for competitive advantage.
- You'll learn to solve problems and generate new ideas to meet the challenges of the modern business environment.
- You'll leave the seminar with skills that you have practised and can apply immediately on return to work.
Accreditation process outline
Each candidate must be nominated by their organisation and approved by Indigo. Once you've attended the Lateral Thinking workshop as a delegate, the accreditation process follows these simple steps:
STEP 1 - Apply. We'll run through the process in detail, ensuring our trainer accreditation options are right for you. Candidates will be required to provide information about their training background, levels of experience and educational attainment. Once approved, each candidate will be required to sign Trainer Accreditation Agreements with the IP holder and Indigo.
STEP 2 - Learn. Attend the accreditation workshop and team teach (extra charges may apply) your first event.
STEP 3 - Teach. Upon successful trainer accreditation, team teach and Master Trainer approval, we will work with you to maximise your training opportunities and abilities. It's our role to support you, keep you up-to-date and ensure the highest quality delivery in all our workshops.
STEP 4 - Refresh. Your customers and delegates need to know that they are working with the best trainers with the most up-to-date content and using licensed materials. To ensure quality of delivery and depth, you are required to re-accredit every two years.
Fees include the training delivered by an Accredited Master Trainer, full instructor manuals and all other necessary training materials.
Who should attend?
Candidates will be established training professionals with a track record of delivering effective development at all levels.
Our trainer accreditations are fully licenced and delivered in conjunction with the IP holder. You will need to have attended the workshop as a delegate. This allows you to see the workshop as any other delegate would - you hear the common questions, objections and delegate feedback first hand.
Delivered to small groups:
- Face-to-face in the UK - delivered between 9am and 5pm. Our venues are all located close to major public transport hubs. Delegates will receive a printed trainer manual.
We are determined to work with public workshop venues that provide the safest possible environment – the latest updates to what we are doing in conjunction with our partners can be found at: https://www.indigobusiness.co.uk/Workshops/calendar/Public-Workshop-Health-And-Safety-For-Delegates
- Online - we deliver using Zoom (free to download and use at www.zoom.us/meetings) and Microsoft Teams. You will require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, you will require a webcam, speakers/headphones and to enable your microphone, or you can simply dial in on your phone. Delegates are given 24 months access to an online trainer manual that can be used interactively. Printed trainer manuals are available at additional cost.
You can reserve a place on this workshop at from £3,350pp + VAT.
16-17 January 2024
Zoom (0900-1700 UK)
14-15 March 2024
6-7 June 2024
Zoom (0900-1700 UK)
Accrediting your own trainers is the most cost-effective way to offer our most popular workshops within your organisation or to your clients. You or your in-house trainers will be taught by some of Indigo’s globally recognised Master Trainers, who have been specially authorised to train these programmes to other trainers, to the highest standard. Reaccreditation is reuired every two years.
This delivery option gives you the flexibility to train teams, groups and departments:
- Face-to-face - delegates will receive a printed trainer manual.
- Virtual accreditation - we deliver using Zoom (free to download and use at www.zoom.us/meetings), Microsoft Teams and Webex platforms or your own. You will require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, you will require a webcam, speakers/headphones and to enable your microphone, or you can simply dial in on your phone. Delegates are given 24 months access to an online trainer manual that can be used interactively. Printed trainer manuals are available at additional cost.
Delegate places are available at from £3,350pp + VAT.