de Bono's Course in Creativity™
Enhance you and your team’s performance with the complete creativity workshop. Combining two of Dr Edward de Bono’s practical, proven methodologies: Lateral Thinking™ to generate new, creative and different ideas; and the Six Thinking Hats® to assess and select the right idea, whilst reducing conflict and increasing collaboration.
The de Bono Course in Creativity™ combines two time-tested, results driven methodologies created by Dr Edward de Bono, the Six Thinking Hats® and Lateral Thinking™. As a result of learning the tools in these systems, participants will improve team results and organisation productivity by:
- Enhancing their communication skills.
- Generating more creative ideas and solving challenging problems.
- Reducing conflict and generating consensus in decision-making.
Maximise your training budget
Early, multiple booking and charity discounts available, find out more...
"We need creativity in order to break free from the temporary structures that have been set up by a particular sequence of experience" - Edward de Bono.
Who is it for?
Directors, HR Leaders, Department Managers, Head of Departments, Supervisors and anyone responsible for bringing effective change and innovation into their organisation.
What's it all about?
Too few organisations have strategies in place for innovation, yet all leaders need to think much more creatively and innovatively, especially during downturns or periods of change. The Course in Creativity™ provides the structure and tools to help leaders and organisations overcome these challenges. This workshop combines two of Dr. Edward de Bono's world renowned creative thinking, idea generation and problem-solving techniques to provide you with the masterclass you need to:
- Empower you, or your people, to challenge current thinking, solve problems and generate new ideas.
- Transform thinking and communication through effective decision-making and evaluation techniques.
What will you get out of it?
With the de Bono Course in Creativity™, you will learn how to anticipate change and discover systematic ways to design a more effective future. During this intensive three-day workshop, you will learn to:
- Challenge the status quo.
- Make a habit of searching for creative ideas.
- Set priorities and create objectives in alignment with these priorities.
- Learn how to move from concepts, to ideas and to tangible outcomes.
- Make decisions and identify the required resources.
- Learn to implement initiatives with quality, speed, respect and value.
- Execute work plans on time and within budget.
- Optimise resources.
- Be accountable for results.
What will your organisation get out of it?
An organisation with people who have developed the skills learned in the Course in Creativity™ will be able to develop competitive advantage through the effective generation and evaluation of ideas - when creative thinking or problem-solving. The processes that can be learned and combined to be able to effectively:
- Challenge current thinking constructively.
- Identify and solve problems with more/better ideas - giving immediate results.
- Increase the effectiveness of idea generation sessions and meetings - saving time and money.
- Look at decisions and problems systematically.
- Reduce conflict and gain consensus when making decisions.
Typical workshop outline
The Course in Creativity™ combines the results driven Six Thinking Hats® and Lateral Thinking™. These systems will enhance participant's communication skills, idea generation, ways to reduce conflict, and improve team results. You will learn to:
- Manage the process of thinking with increased efficiency.
- Think in parallel with one another, which keeps egos in check and encourages the contributions of each individual.
- Organise and lead effective meetings, helping to "out-think" the competition.
- Dramatically increase your number of new ideas.
- Anticipate changes, helping you prepare for the future.
- Use alternatives to harness the creative energy of the organisation.
- Rigorously evaluate ideas, eliminating costly mistakes.
- Execute work plans on time and within budget, saving you and your clients time and money.
- DuPont benchmarked every creativity process on the market for its Creativity Centre. Dr. David Tanner, former Technical Director of DuPont, says, "the de Bono techniques were the most useful". An employee's suggestion for re-engineering the manufacturing process for Kevlar eliminated steps in the manufacturing process as a result of using de Bono techniques. It saved DuPont in excess of £20 million!
Duration and delivery methods available
Public workshop - open to all:
- As a 3 day open public face-to-face, throughout the the UK.
- Flexible options to deliver your workshop face-to-face, online or a mix of the two.
Training for trainers
Accrediting your own trainers is the most cost-effective way to offer Edward de Bono's Course in Creativity™, Six Thinking Hats® and Lateral Thinking™ within your organisation or to your clients. After attending the workshop as a delegate, you or your in-house trainers will be taught by some of Indigo’s globally recognised Master Trainers, who have been specially authorised to train these programmes to other trainers, to the highest standard. Once successful, you will be authorised to dovetail our award-winning programmes into your organisations training plans, at a fraction of the normal cost.
- Find out more about the public Trainer Accreditation.
- Find out more about the steps you need to take to become an Accredited Trainer.
- Enquire about training for trainers.
Indigo Business Services is proud to be a:
"Delivered exactly as advertised, practical tools, theory, guidance, and ideas on how to use when back at work."
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Edward de Bono's Course in Creativity® can count towards your CPD recognition with leading professional associations and trade organisations. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
- Article: Change Is Inevitable...
- Article: Is Innovation A Part Of Your Culture?
- Article: Ideas On-Demand: Fresh Ideas, Fast = Competitive Advantage...
- Article: Where Do You Do Your Best Thinking?
Our most popular workshops are open to all and are ideal for individuals, smaller groups and those reviewing workshops before wider roll out. Delivered in major cities throughout the UK to small groups and online through our virtual learning plaforms.
- 3 day face-to-face workshops provide the best in-depth and exercise-packed experience. They are delivered between 9am and 5pm. Our venues are all located close to major public transport hubs.
- 3 day virtual workshops are delivered as a 1 Day Six Thinking Hats® (4x90 minute sessions) and 2 day Lateral Thinking™ (day 1, 4x90 minute session; day 2, 45 minute 1-2-1 coaching). You will require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, you will require a webcam, speakers/headphones and microphone (preferred)/ability to dial in.
You can reserve a place on this workshop up to £1,250pp + VAT.
11-13 May 2020
16-18 June 2020
1-3 July 2020
Our in-house delivery option gives you the flexibility to train teams, groups and departments. Reducing delegate travel, training cost and environmental impact - as we train at your choice of location or online, in the UK or internationally. Options for tailoring content are available.
Prices quoted are based on:
- 15 delegates per face-to-face event event - typically result in a 50% cost saving per delegate, when compared to our open public workshops.
- 8 delegates per online learning event, which is delivered as up to 10x90 minute sessions over a period of 4 weeks. Virtual workshops require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, you will require a webcam, speakers/headphones and microphone (preferred)/ability to dial in.
Delegate places are available at from £690pp + VAT.