de Bono's Power of Perception™
Develop the techniques required to take broad and inclusive viewpoints; and a series of tools to help create a framework for defining a situation. With improved definition, you will consider consequences before you take action which could prove costly.
Thinking Skills | Decision Making | Problem Solving
Our modern lives - both business and personal - are very fast paced and full of action. We often confuse action with accomplishment and frequently jump to action without enough thought. We love to take action and see what happens - if it's good, we keep going; if it's bad, we stop and clean up the mess we have created. Action is better than doing nothing at all, but it's inefficient at best and costly at its worst.
With Dr de Bono's Power of PerceptionTM, you will learn the techniques to take broad and inclusive viewpoints and with a series of tools will be able to create a framework for defining a situation. With improved definition, you will consider consequences before you take action which could prove costly.
This instructor-led workshop teaches practical tools and includes many useful resources to support you in applying your new techniques. Consider Power of Perception™ as being "software for the brain." Once you have completed the workshop and the ‘software' is loaded into your brain, you will be able to ‘click' on to one of the Power of Perception™ "icons" to review the tools you've learned and to use them in any situation.
The Power of Perception™ workshop is designed to work across multiple levels within an organisation. Essentially, anyone who is wrestling with daily decisions, whether business or personal will benefit from the Power of Perception™ tools.
Wrestling with decisions, too much to do, too little time? A common challenge for most of us, inside and outside of work. But what if you could really focus? Cut out all the distractions and funnel your thoughts until you drill down to the right action? Think how much more you could accomplish.
This is exactly what dr Edward de Bono's Power of Perception™ gives you. With 10 simple strategies for sharpening your perception and focusing your thinking in a more comprehensive way, you will become effective and efficient. The benefits of Power of Perception™ include:
- Clear thinking and creativity.
- Structured decision-making.
- Effective problem-solving.
Power of Perception™ trained employees outperform others. During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Be a strong and confident decision maker.
- Quickly and accurately weigh risks against rewards.
- Consistently "make the right call".
- Reach optimal solutions more quickly than ever before.
- Uncover the hidden opportunities in "problems".
- Use "what if" thinking to avoid costly mistakes.
- Look beyond the boundaries of self-limiting perspectives.
- Remove obstacles with simple solutions.
- Be a visionary.
- Thoroughly judge a situation.
- Assess all angles of the big picture before making a decision.
During the Power of Perception™ workshop, you will learn and ‘practice, practice, practice' the 10 core Power of Perception™ tools, which include:
- Tool 1 - C&S - look ahead to see the consequences of an action, plan, decision, or rule.
- Tool 2 - PMI - ensure that all sides of a matter have been considered before a decision or commitment is made.
- Tool 3 - RAD - break a larger concept into smaller, more manageable parts.
- Tool 4 - CAF - explore all factors related to an action, decision, plan, judgement, or conclusion.
- Tool 5 - AGO - focus directly and deliberately on the intentions behind actions.
- Tool 6 - APC - deliberately try to find other ways.
- Tool 7 - OPV - put yourself in others' shoes.
- Tool 8 - KVI - ensure that your thinking serves your values.
- Tool 9 - FIP - select the most important ideas, factors, objectives, consequences, etc.
- Tool 10 - DOCA - direct attention to the outcome of the thinking and action that follows
Who should attend?
- Managers and executives who require greater levels of innovation and creativity.
- Project/Strategy teams.
- Departmental managers and their teams.
- Individual contributors and teams working in highly competitive or changing environments.
Our in-house delivery option gives you the flexibility to train teams, groups and departments. Also reducing delegate travel, training cost and environmental impact - as we train at your choice of location, in the UK or internationally. Options for tailoring content are available.
In-house workshops typically result in a 50% cost saving per delegate, when compared to our open public workshops. Prices quoted are based on 15 delegates per standard event.
Delegate places are available at from £230pp + VAT.