Can't get things done because you're time poor and resource lean? Learn how to maximise your time and do more with less by understanding the fundamentals of project management.
Understand the fundamentals of project management and gain a practical, widely applicable framework*. In easy common-sense steps this workshop:
- Introduces project management, cutting through the terminology, providing an insight into common pitfalls.
- Provides a taster of practical project management techniques that can be used with all methodologies.
- Examines how managing yourself (time management) is the foundation to managing others (stakeholder management).
Maximise your training budget
Early, multiple booking and charity discounts available, find out more...
This is day one of our popular two-day Project Management Survival Guide™ workshop, we recommend taking either the full two-day programme (for the complete project management toolkit). Options for customising delivery and content are available through our in-house delivery option.
Who is it for?
Practical Projects™ is ideal for organisations and individuals that are unable to take two days out of the office - but who want to understand the fundamental elements of project management. The principles and skills taught are perfect for anyone who has to do more with less - including:
- Operational managers and staff with a portfolio of small multiple projects, in addition to their day job.
- Those new to project management or those who have had no formal training.
What’s it all about?
This fast-moving, interactive one-day workshop covers the basics of Project Management. It provides a practical, proven and widely applicable framework delivered in easy, common-sense steps. The workshop focuses on getting your project started in the right way, and giving you helpful processes/tools that can be put used immediately on your projects.
We look at cutting through the project jargon and getting to the tips and tools that really add value. We examine how managing yourself is the foundation to managing others, and how this can still be achieved when the “others” are senior to you or your peers.
What will you get out of it?
If you are venturing into starting working in project management, this workshop:
- Supports you towards managing projects more effectively.
- Reduces confusion by cutting through the jargon.
- Ensures you can add value with a range of practical tips and tools.
- Helps you manage your time effectively.
- Introduces you to stakeholder management and how to get the most from your stakeholders.
The workshop is delivered by APM qualified, experienced Project Managers. All our consultants have many years experience both as trainers and facilitators AND as project practitioners. You'll gain an overview of the whole project process and learn some of the most useful and user-friendly project management techniques available.
Typical workshop content
- Introductions, objectives and an outline of the workshop.
- Jargon busting.
- The eight steps to project success.
- Managing Your own time.
- Managing multiple projects.
- Simulation – working on a project as a team.
- Debrief of the simulation – what did you learn?
- Troubleshooting on your projects.
- Review and close.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
*Practical Projects™ is aligned to the Association for Project Management (APM) current Body Of Knowledge (BOK). It counts towards your CPD recognition with leading professional bodies or trade organisations. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
Open workshop dates
Indigo workshops help you harness improvement and innovation to deliver tangible benefits to your business. Our workshops can be combined to provide a total solution for your company – bringing real improvements to every step of the business process.
You can reserve a place on this course for £495 pp + VAT.
There are no workshop dates.
An in-house workshop is ideal for training teams and departments. They are the easiest way of training many delegates, making the most of your budget and reducing the need for costly delegate travel. In-house workshops typically result in a 50% saving per delegate cost, when compared to our open workshops.
Delegate places are available at £230 pp + VAT*.